MBBS., DNB (Gen. Med)., DM (Neuro)., PhD.,
15 Years of Experience
Prof. Dr Devaprasad underwent speciality training in Neurology at the prestigious Madras Institute of Neurology, Madras Medical College, Chennai. He is a well-experienced neurologist and epilepsy specialist with over 15 years of professional experience. He has done his PhD in Neurology at Chettinad university in the field of autoimmune neurological diseases like Multiple sclerosis, Transverse Myelitis and Guillain Barre Syndrome. Presently, he is a senior consultant at the Chettinad Health City, Chennai
Dr Devaprasad has actively participated in many National and International Conferences and training courses in the fields of neurology and epilepsy. He has many publications in well-reputed national and International Journals to his credit. He is an active member of the Indian Epilepsy Society.
Internship, Thanjavur Medical College, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu
Emergency physician Apollo First Med Chennai
Resident, DNB General Medicine, Sundaram Medical Foundation, Chennai
Intensivist and Neurology resident, Apollo Speciality Hospital Teynampet, Apollo Hospital Greams Road, Chennai
Senior Resident, DM (Neurology) Madras Institute of Neurology, Madras Medical College, Chennai
2012 – date
Senior Consultant Neurologist, Chettinad Health City Chennai.
1.Padmaja.m.Vishwanathan, Devaprasad Markandeyan, Meenakshi Jeyaraman,
Srinivasan A, Bhanu.k.Murthy. Genetic association Studies (Single Nucleotide
Polymorphism) in South Indian patients.Conference Journal, 2012 Annual meeting
of the American Neurological Association, Boston,T1765:134.
2. Devaprasad Markandeyan, Kumaran Santhalingam, Subramaniyan kannaiyan, Sanmathi suresh, Benedict Paul. Virtual screening of phytochemicals of morinda citrifolia as Anti inflammatory and Anti-Alzheimer agents using molegro virtual docker on p38α mitogen-activated protein kinase enzyme. Asian J Pharm Clin Res, Vol 8, Issue 6,2015, 141-145 .
3. Devaprasad Markandeyan, Subramaniyan kannaiyan, Sanmathi suresh. Virtual screening of phytochemicals for methotrexate like dihydrofolate reductase and aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide ribonucleotide (aicar) transformylase inhibitory property using molegro virtual docker . Int J Pharm Pharm Sci,2016 Vol 8, Issue 5,2016, 83-87.
4. Mariappan Andi, Devaprasad Markandeyan, Ashish Jaiswal, V. Banumathi, U. Mabalirajan. Clinical evaluation of beneficial effects of Withania Somnifera in patients with Rheumatoid arthritis: an open label single arm pilot study. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Volume 7, Issue 12,2018, 743-767.
5. Thangavel Muthusamy, Devaprasad Markandeyan, Mariappan Andi. Ligand-based pharmacophore modeling studies of tnf-alpha- converting enzyme inhibitors . Indian Journal of Applied Research.,Volume-9 , Issue-2 , 2019, 84-86.
6. Devaprasad Markandeyan, Thangavel Muthusamy, Mariappan Andi, Sheik ssj Ahmed. Virtual screening of phytochemicals with anti- Alzheimer glycogen synthase kinase – 3 betaactivity. International Journal of Scientific Research, Volume-8 Issue-2 2019, 123-125.
7. Devaprasad Markandeyan , RM Boopathy, Kamaraj, Sakthi Velayutham. A case report of Miller Fisher syndrome with papillitis. Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology, 2010; Vol 13: Supplement 1 ,22-23.
8. Devaprasad Markandeyan, Ulaganathan M, Pathak S, Vengalathur RG. Relationship of Serum Cytokine Profile to Steroid Resistance in Demyelinating Neurologic Illnesses. Int J Nutr Pharmacol Neurol Dis 2021;11:249-53.
9. Marotta F, Thandavan SP, Pathak S, Jothimani G, Gunasekaran D, Sriramulu S, Devaprasad Markandeyan , Banerjee A. Vitagenic Effect of Specific Bioactive Fractions of Rhodiola with Trachurus sp. Extract Against Oxidative Stress Induced Aging in Human Amnion Derived Epithelial Cell Line: In View of a Novel Senolytic. Curr Aging Sci. 2021 Jan 13.
10. Saravanan Pramod, Devaprasad Markandeyan, A rare case of anti NMDAeceptor encephalitis in the elderly patient.Int J Sci Res. 2020; 9:21-22.
11.SP Malarkannan , P Dharumarajan , Devaprasad Markandeyan , MK Hariyohesh. Immunomodulatory activity of siddha herbal formulation MV Kashayam on cyclophosphamide treated immunosuppressed rats. J emerging tech Innov Res.2022;9:2:c133-147
12. SP Malarkannan , P Dharumarajan , Devaprasad Markandeyan , MK Hariyohesh. Role of metabolites present in siddha herbal preparation MV kashayam in preventing the entry and multiplication of HIV. J emerging tech Innov Res. 2022;9:2:a59-65.
Heart Valve Disease
TAVI (or) TAVR (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement)
Coronary Artery Disease
Coronary Artery Revascularisation
Adult Congenital Heart Disease
Hypertensive Heart Disease
Brain Tumors (SOL)
Aneurysm And AVM
Lumbar Disc Disease (LOD)
Traumatic Brain Injury
Shoulder & Elbow Injury
Knee & Lower Leg Pain
Ankle & Foot
Arthritis & Cervical Treatments
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Gestational Diabetes Mellitus
Urinary Tract Infection
Autoimmune Disease Of CNS
ARDS, Respiratory Failure
Airway Disease/ Asthma/ COPD
Trauma And Head Injury
Renal Failure – Acute /Chronic
COPD - Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD)
Sleep-Related Breathing Disorder
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Acute Fungal Otitis Media
Acute Fugal of its Audial
Chronic Allergic Sinusitis
Microtia / Anotia
Cleft Lip / Palate
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Varicose Veins / Venous Ulcers
Critical Limb Ischaemia
Acute Limb Ischemia
Deep Vein Thrombosis
Arteriovenous Malformation / Venous Malformation
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Diabetes & Complications
Diabetes / Thyroid Disease In Pregnancy
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Preventive Health Checkup
Management Of Aspiration
Mass Casualty Incident
Low Sperm Count/ No Sperms
Known Genetic Diseases – Embryo Testing Procedures
Premature Ovarian Failure
Endoscopic & Laparoscopic Laser Treatment
Endoscopic Prostate Surgery
Urethral Reconstructive Surgery
Varicocele Repair Surgery
Genito Urinary Cancer Surgeries
Laparoscopic Unilateral Surgeries
Urinary Incontinence Surgeries
Renal Trauma Management
Centre Line Catheter
Picc Line Insertion
Chettinad Super Speciality Hospital©
All Rights Reserved .